GNP+ Vacancy: External Relations & Communications Officer
April 17, 2013
GNP+ is looking to recruit a highly qualified candidate for the position of External Relations & Communications Officer; we especially welcome applications from people living with HIV and women, but other well qualified candidates are very welcome to apply.
Deadline: 26 May
Starting date: As soon as possible
The External Relations & Communications Officer reports directly to the Global Advocacy Manager, works closely with managers and staff across all GNP+ platforms of work, and manages any Communications volunteers or interns (the recruitment of an on-line media intern is planned during 2013)
The purpose of the post
The External Relations and Communications Officer will ensure that the goals and achievements of GNP+ are known and understood by its external stakeholders, including people living with HIV and their organisations, the wider HIV community and those in national and international communities who make decisions affecting people living with HIV, exploiting opportunities to strengthen the voices of people living with HIV.
- Leading on the GNP+ communication strategy (including corporate and brand management), coordinating its review and implementation;
- Developing and maintaining relations with a range of international media, in particular those covering HIV, health and human rights;
- Acting as Press Officer for specific projects and events, including international conferences;
- Monitoring developments in the international HIV response and media; developments and drafting GNP+ press releases and responses as appropriate;
- Proactively disseminating GNP+ policy positions and programmatic successes to relevant stakeholders, including policymakers, the media, networks of people living with HIV, key population networks, partners and donors;
- Providing communication support to all three programmatic teams (Global Advocacy, Knowledge Management and Community Development), as necessary;
- Creating and managing the GNP+ websites, currently eight focused on organisations, programmes and campaigns (including translation in various languages);
- Producing an electronic newsletter in various languages to profile GNP+'s policy positions and programmatic activities;
- Supporting the coordination of the International AIDS Candlelight Memorial www.candlelightmemorial.org
- Integrating GNP+ policies and positions into existing advocacy efforts (such as "People Living with HIV are..." and HIV Advocacy Now www.hivadvocacynow.org;
- Delivering mechanisms for the consultation of people living with HIV using new technology;
- Leading on the development of annual work plans and annual reports and supporting the writing of funding proposals;
- Developing and maintaining a database of networks of people living with HIV, key population networks, NGO partners and donors.
For a full description and how to apply please download this Vacancy Announcement http://www.gnpplus.net/images/stories/SRHR/2013_Job_Advert_ERCO.pdf