As per 1st of December 2016, STOP AIDS NOW! has gone forward as Aidsfonds. Working together for some time and within one organisation STOP AIDS NOW! and Aids Fonds joint forces in one brand. A new website is expected to be launched in the course of 2017.
Aidsfonds aims to end AIDS in a world where all people affected by HIV and STIs access prevention, treatment, care and support.
We can stop the epidemic only if we focus on the people and regions most affected. For many years, Aidsfonds has played a pioneering role in focusing the AIDS response on those population groups who are affected the most by the HIV epidemic due to stigma and discrimination. We make a stand against injustice. We tackle hurdles that others cannot, will not or dare not attempt to overcome. We put topics on the agenda that others cannot, will not or dare not discuss and we give support to people who others cannot, will not or dare not support.
Results of our work can be found in our annual reports. Due to our recent joining of forces in one brand we do not yet have a joint annual report. Find here the 2015 annual reports of Aids Fonds and STOP AIDS NOW!
- We believe in local community solutions. People in the community know what does and doesn't work in practice and are aware of the needs, sensitivities and challenges. That's why we always put local communities at the heart of our programmes.
- We develop innovative approaches and put them into practice. And we fund promising projects. To find solutions for problems that have not yet been tackled.
- We work on the basis of what has been proven effective in the AIDS response and never on the basis of assumptions. Research is therefore an essential part of all our projects. We also fund scientific research in the field of HIV/AIDS.
- We lobby worldwide to put AIDS high on the agenda and to get sufficient funding. And we share any insights we gain. This empowers our partners and gives people the opportunity to stand up for their rights.
- We believe in a combination approach to a complex issue. To respond to AIDS in all different ways, we are both a source of funding and developer of our own projects with funds from other donors.
- The Policy and Programmes department joins forces with partner organisations in developing countries and invests in innovation. It transforms innovative initiatives into practical tools and input for international policies.
- The Fundraising department gathers financial support among the general public, institutional donors, and others.
- The Lobby and Advocacy department addresses Dutch and European institutions and governments, and encourages international development organisations to work on a strong, comprehensive, and sustainable AIDS response.
- The Communication and Campaigning department supports the organisation’s advocacy and fundraising work, raises awareness among the Dutch public about the AIDS pandemic, and informs the public about the response of Aidsfonds.
Our internal organisation
Aidsfonds is part of an operational umbrella organisation together with Soa Aids Nederland. The operational departments are: Policy and Programmes, Communication and Financing, and Office Management. Read more about our internal organisation.