Vacancy: Researcher for the new Towards an AIDS Free generation Uganda program
December 16, 2014
For the research component of the new program Towards an AIDS Free generation Uganda (TAFU), STOP AIDS NOW! is looking for a researcher/consultant in Uganda. The researcher will do the baseline study (February 2014) and the end-line study (April 2017) in close cooperation with the TAFU implementing partners and supervised by STOP AIDS NOW!
Uganda-based researchers that are interested to submit an Expression of Interest for this study, should have the following qualifications:
• Relevant Masters Degree (such as Public health or social science);
• Knowledge and experience in field of Paediatric HIV;
• Experience with social survey methods (data collection, entry and analysis);
• Special skills are required related to addressing possible sensitive issues in a sensible way and asking questions in such a way to minimalize the risk of getting socially/politically desirable answers;
• Experience in talking to/with children in a positive, non-judgmental way;
• Experience in applied research;• Experience in doing research in a participatory way;
• Knowledge of the context of the country/districts concerned;
• Proficiency in English.
More information about the assignment (including the basic information on the TAFU Program) can be found in the Terms of Reference.
Expressions of Interest
The Following documents need to be submitted with the Expression of Interest (EOI):
• Expression of interest (Maximum 3 pages)
o Explaining why the candidate is most suitable for the work (reacting to the TOR)
o Including comments/ideas for the methodology
o Including a Time-line for doing the research (with deadlines for each deliverable)
• Personal CV (max 5 pages)
o including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
• Detailed Financial proposal (Maximum 1 page)
Deadline for submissions of EOI: 12 January 2015 COB (CEA time)
EOIs can be sent to: Doortje 't Hart, Policy Advisor Children and AIDS at STOP AIDS NOW!. The email should be clearly marked with ‘EOI for TAFU program’, and include your reference.