We are looking for a Senior Policy Officer / Advisor Health and Community Systems Strengthening
April 21, 2013
STOP AIDS NOW! works towards a world without AIDS.To join our HIV and Development Cooperation programme we are looking for a Senior Policy Officer / Advisor Health and Community Systems Strengthening (32-36 hours per week)
In 2011, STOP AIDS NOW! launched a pioneering national scale programme in Swaziland: Maximizing ART for Better Health and Zero New HIV Infections (MaxART). The ambitious goal of MaxART is to improve the lives of people living with HIV and prevent new HIV infections in Swaziland and create a multiplier effect in the region. Regular testing, access to early antiretroviral treatment (ART), and lifelong retention in care and treatment are key elements of the programme.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the multi-stakeholder consortium responsible for the implementation of the programme
- Identify gaps, needs and opportunities together with consortium and stakeholders and translate into action
- Link, share learning’s and lobby relevant stakeholders and participate in relevant (international) networks and working groups
Your salary will be between € 2.811 and € 4.341 gross per month (for 36 hours). You will be offered a fixed term contract of 1 year, after which the contract can be extended in case of good performance and provided sufficient financial means.
Requirements and competencies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing multi-stakeholder complex projects in developing countries
- State of the art knowledge health service delivery (both at the facility as well as in the community)
- Experience in the AIDS response
- Open, transparent, results oriented and entrepreneurial attitude
- Good English communication skills, able to read and understand Dutch
- The vacant position requires the person to already have an EU work permit
Please go to http://www.stopaidsnow.org/treatment-prevention where you can find more about the programme. You can also contact Yvette Fleming, Programme Manager STOP AIDS NOW! on +31(0)20 5287828/ +31(0)6 33333017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply?
Please send a motivation letter and CV in English to Jan de Vries, Personnel Officer (Keizersgracht 392, 1016 GB Amsterdam) or email (email@example.com). Please respond before Monday 6th of May 2013. Interviews will be held Tuesday 14th and Thursday 16th of May 2013.